The Project Manager is responsible for the efficient administration of one or more construction projects. The Project Manager is accountable for project costs, profitability, and client relationships. Work in teamwork with Superintendent to achieve project goals. The Project Manager is in training to be a Senior Project Manager. So, the Project Manager shall endeavor to learn the duties of a Senior Project Manager.
- Establish and manage the administrative requirements of a project in conformance with Project Management Procedures.
- Review, understand, and comply with all the requirements of the contract between owner and contractor.
- Review and understand the Project Estimate; develop and manage cost control and document control procedures for each project.
- Responsible and accountable for Total Project Delivery, including project costs, scheduling, client relationships, and profitability.
- Responsible and accountable for day-to-day contact and coordination with project owner, and design team. Meet regularly with client and designers to ensure ongoing satisfaction.
- Perform subcontractor bidding and negotiations as appropriate and under the direction of a Project Executive/Senior Project Manager.
- Control and anticipate project costs. Prepare monthly total cost projections and review with direct report each month.
- Work in teamwork with Superintendent to manage construction process. Regularly walk the project to review performance. Take appropriate and timely action to remedy any deficiencies. Bring all field issues to the attention of the Superintendent or General Superintendent (as applicable).
- Perform estimating and value engineering as required by the project.
- Assure that subcontractors comply with insurance and bonding requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for timely and accurate submittal of progress billings and to ensure timely collection of funds from the project Owner. Review and report on status of monthly progress billings and status of owner payments with direct report at least monthly.
- Responsible and accountable for timely project close-out.
Supervise Project Engineers, and Project Administration staff as appropriate for each project.
Minimum of 4 years experience as a Project Manager on complex, or specialized projects. Thorough competency of Enterprise software, budget/commitment differentiation, cost control techniques, and cost projection procedures. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and refined business judgment.
Education and Experience
Educational and experience requirements include: 4-year engineering or business degree or equivalent-related experience, plus experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management. Good understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.